The Tributes Are Still Coming In, Ato Kwamina Dadzie Writes On Komla Dumor



Since the death of Ghanaian/BBC Broadcast journalist-Komla Dumor,
many tributes have been paid and to be frank, Ato Kwamina Dadzie’s
piece (below) is the best I’ve come across so far.
I am not saying it is the best because it ends with a summary of
what I wrote a day after Komla’s death titled-Is Life Worth All The
Struggles & Exponential Greed? Think Komla Dumor! , but because of
the truth and lack of exaggeration behind the piece…
Unlike many who have forcefully become the best friends of Komla
when they are not, and seem to know all his wishes, Ato takes his
piece to the heart of things—telling us the obvious attributes of Komla
Dumor and what kind of blessing he was to our generation.

Read the tribute below…


I was never a part of Komla Dumor’s inner circle. He never called me
out for a drink. And he didn’t share any secrets with me. I am just
one of those guys who enjoyed the privilege of working with him.


That was more than I could ever ask for. I wasn’t with him at the
beginning. I couldn’t have been with him at the end. But in between,
our paths crossed and that’s how I get to call him a friend. A blessed
friend. A friend endowed with so much talent that whenever I heard
his voice I couldn’t help but marvel at how one man could get so
much.
He had an excellent voice. The truest voice of a broadcaster. That
voice was an instrument and he knew how to play it like a virtuoso.


He could capture any mood with that voice in a manner most
broadcasters struggle for years to achieve. Those inflections and the
ability to modulate the voice to suit the occasion came to him
naturally. It was an art. He knew his art. He knew his art because he
never stopped learning and looking for ways to perfect it.