Amaechi's Enemies, Not My Enemies ––Rivers CP Mbu Boasts


The Commissioner of Police in Rivers State, Joseph Mbu, on Thursday
appeared before the National Human Rights Commission to answer to
allegations of partisanship levelled against him by Governor Rotimi
Amaechi.
He met with the Commission's panel of inquiry behind closed doors in
Abuja but when he came he encountered some journalists outside and
here is what the Police Commissioner told them:
“I think the issues in Rivers State are overblown. We are working
with the governor amicably, but one thing is clear – the enemies
of the governor are not my enemies.
“I am a police officer, an umpire and my job is to make sure that
I protect everybody who is in Rivers State. That is my
professional calling and I stand by it.”
Governor Amaechi is however accusing Mbu of various forms of
human rights abuses and insubordination.