Popular Musician Obesere "Rapes" Business Woman In Lagos



Popular Fuji musician, Alhaji Abass Akande, popularly
known as Obesere, has been arrested by the Police in
Lagos State for allegedly raping a 29-year-old
businesswoman, Olanike Olaiya in his Okota
residence.


The sad woman, who reported the matter to Police,
also narrated her ordeal in the hands of the musician
who is known for large-crowd shows that fascinate
society women. Ms Olanike said:
“I got to know Obesere through one of my
friends, Mrs Bola Okoro. She told me that
Obesere would assist me in my business.


I deal
in office equipment and when I contacted
Obesere, he asked me to meet him in his family
house at Okota. When I met him, I introduced
my business to him and he promised to
connect me to some of his friends in Dubai who
would sell goods to me on credit.


“After the discussion, he started demanding for
sex and I refused and when I wanted to leave,
he insisted I should sleep over in his house
because it was late and he claimed that it was
dangerous to go out late in the night in his
area...
“I thought he was a responsible man and I
decided to sleep over, but at the dead of the
night, he came into the room where I slept and
pounced on me.


“He raped me and afterwards inserted a ring he
wore into my private part and I started
bleeding. He hurriedly left me in the room
saying he had an appointment to fulfil. I could
not bear the trauma and the bleeding and I
reported the matter to the police.”


According to Vanguard, Obesere was first arrested
last Wednesday by the Police at Isolo, where Ms
Olanike had reported the matter. He was subsequently
released on administrative bail.


He was later re-arrested on Monday, when medical
examination conducted on the lady revealed that she
was actually raped and the Divisional Police Officer,
Isolo, Adamu Ibrahim, was said to have ordered the
transfer of the matter to State Criminal Investigation
Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, for further
investigation.


His arrest was made possible through a Warrant Of
Arrest issued by the Chief Magistrate of Isolo
Magistrate Court, Mrs Kike Bukola Ayeye, as he had
declined to honour several police invitations sent to
his house at Johnson Famiye Street, Canal Estate,
Ago, Okota.


But in his reaction, Obesere said he and Ms Olanike
are lovers
Police sources also said Obesere in his statement
denied ever raping her, rather he claimed she was his
lover and they made love when she visited him.


A source said Obesere claimed he asked her to go to
a private hospital for treatment when she complained
that she was bleeding, but he was surprised when
she reported to the police that she was raped.

The popular singer is now in police custody.
Nastygist.Com gathered they are trying to settle out
of court.