Why I Cut My Husband's Penis - Female Banker Finally Opens Up

A Lagos-based female banker, Bimbo Danju has
told Punch why she cut her husband's penis...

“Please, kindly judge this by
yourself. As a pregnant woman, will
I willingly attempt to cut off my
husband’s penis? I ordinarily would
not have said anything. I did not
realise this will escalate to this
stage. The case is being handled by
my lawyer at the moment.





“My husband is not a hot-tempered
man but he gets angry once in a
while. He lied that he washes my
clothes. He only did that once or
twice when I was ill. We had a
disagreement that day and he beat
me up. My mother came to the
house and took away our son.

“Without telling anybody, I went to
my hospital and was treated. I did
not tell him. But when I got home,
he continued to harass me. He said I
must ensure his son was returned to
the house.

“I was so tired and I went to sleep.
But in the middle of the night, he
woke me up and asked me again to
produce his son. We started fighting
and he was beating me. In order to
escape his beating, I had to hold his
penis. I wanted him to leave me
alone. I held on to it until I had a
chance to escape.


“Please ask him, which certificate is he even
talking about? When I married my husband, he
told me he graduated from the Ogun State
University, Ago-Iwoye, but that he had an
accident some time ago, in which his
certificates were burnt,” she said.
“When I married him, he did not have a job. He
said he was working on a CD and all the money
I made, I spent on him.”
But in a chat with PUNCH, her husband, Lekan,
told a different story. He said:
“My pastor had advised me against marrying
her because of an encounter he had with her.
Before we got married, in a meeting with
Bimbo, my pastor said he asked her about her
past and my wife said, ‘How dare you!’
“Of course, I did not believe my pastor at the
time because I was in love. But now, I rue the
day I met that woman.”
Lekan alleged that his wife had been behaving
strangely since he lost his job. He stated that he
had done everything he could to ensure that she
remained happy.
“I wash her clothes including her underwear.
Even without a job, I ensure that the proceeds
of my gospel music CD are used to take care of
her and our son,” he said.
The apartment Lekan shared with his wife is a
mini-flat. Asked who paid for the apartment,
the man said the house belonged to his father.
According to him, he was living in a rented
apartment in Ikorodu before relocating to his
father’s house in Surulere so that it would be
easier for his wife to get to work.
Lekan explained that Bimbo was a good woman
at the time. He said, “I married her legally. We
did a church wedding, went to court and did
the traditional wedding. But when I lost my job,
I realised that after a little disagreement, she
would rain abuses on me and my family.
“She would sometimes destroy things in the
house. There was a time we had a disagreement
and she chased me down the street with a stick.
During another disagreement, she took my HND
certificate to the end of the street and dropped
it beside a gate. Neighbours had to plead with
her to bring it back.”
On how is wife attacked him, Lekan said:
“That fateful day, I was washing my wife’s
clothes. She reminded me that she needed some
money for foodstuffs and I told her that God
would provide for us. Later, she came out of the
house and said she had eaten noodles and had
fed our son.
“When I finished with the clothes, I was so
tired because the clothes were many. I ate the
leftover of her noodles. There were about three-
spoonfuls left.”
Lekan alleged that that did not go down well
with his wife who said she still wanted to eat
the leftover.
He said he had to go to the street to buy bread
for her since she said she was still hungry. He
further explained that he had to go out shortly
after to get some money from a salesman who
handles his CD sales.
“I came home and informed my wife that I got
some money from my CD. She told me that she
would like to eat wheat and white soup which I
usually buy for her from a restaurant. I bought
that for her,” he said.
By that time, Lekan said the only thing he had
eaten that day was the leftover noodles. He said
the remaining money from the CD sales had
been used to buy things needed in the house.
But his elder sister who had a shop nearby was
to later give him N500 when she noticed that he
did not look like he was feeling well.
“I went out to buy rice and when I came in and
she saw me eating that, she flared up. She said I
lied to her that I had no money. She was
shouting but I pleaded with her to calm down so
that my people around would not hear. She
replied that it would not be well with the
people. She abused my relations and parents.
“The following day, a Sunday, I swallowed my
pride. I woke up and asked which clothes she
would like to wear to church so that I could
iron it with mine. When she did not answer, I
left for church but came back after the workers’
meeting.
“I got home and saw her preparing jollof rice
but I went out to buy N60 bread and N40 beans.
Trouble started again when she saw me eating
that. She said I refused to give her money but I
was buying food to eat. She said, ‘Before I say
anything now, you will go and complain to
your useless family.’ That was when I told her
that it was her whole family that was useless.
Had I known, I would have kept quiet. She took
the plate of beans and poured it on my head.”
But Lekan said even though many men would
have pummelled such a woman, he feared he
might kill her in anger. The matter died down,
or so it seemed.
Around 2am, Lekan said he received a sudden
and painful knock that woke him up from sleep
and realised that it was from his wife.
“I knew she had decided to start her trouble
again. But I did not in my wildest imagination
think that she could do what she did next.
Before I realised what she was doing, I felt a
sharp pain in my manhood. I touched it and
blood was gushing out. I screamed and my
immediate thought was, Is this the way I would
die?”